Academic Assessment & Placement
A recent high school graduate who meets the minimum 2.6 GPA benchmark will be exempt from the NC DAP and will be eligible to enroll in college-level math and English courses based on the following:
- Official high school transcript
- Graduation within 5 years of enrollment at FTCC
- Unweighted GPA of 2.6 or greater
- Completion of Algebra I and II, Geometry, and a 4th higher math
- Completion of English I, II, III and IV
- Test completed within 5 years of enrollment at FTCC (ACT or SAT)
- Reading Scores: ACT – 22 or SAT – 500
- English/Writing Scores: ACT English – 18 or SAT Writing – 500
- Math Scores: ACT – 22 or SAT – 500
Transfer students may be eligible for a placement waiver, if:
– You are enrolled in another college or university and applied to FTCC as a “special credit” status. An unofficial transcript may be used to substantiate completion of required prerequisite course.
– You completed pre-curriculum courses at FTCC or another college.
– You attended a regionally accredited institution (RAI) in which English was the language of instruction and completed college-level English and/or math with a grade of “C” or greater.
– You hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher from a (RAI) in which English was the language of instruction.
A student must obtain the following minimum scores:
– ACT score of 20 in Math, Reading, and/or English
– SAT score of 500 in Math, Reading and/or English
– AP score of 3, 4, or 5 in Math and/or English
– CLEP score of 420 (paper version) or 50 (computer version) in Math and/or English
– IB score of 5, 6, or 7
Note: ACT and SAT scores must be within 5 years of test date.